Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Buying Indulgences

Following a lead from my post about succumbing to the 'green wedding' trend, I dug up this piece on the carbon offset market on NPR. It is rather like buying indulgences for sins, but as long as what I buy is for real, and not just lining the pockets of some red-clad cardinal who will use it to buy jewelry for his mistress, I have no problem with that.

So... on with the quest for credible marketers in the forgiveness of sins. Again, any in-the-know super greenies out there among my buddies, step up with information if you have it.

2 comments:

Dee said...

This isn't about buying carbon credits, but here's another "green" idea:

Buy your guests those compact fluorescent light bulbs with a note saying,

"You light up my life!"

(Joking, of course. Corny, I know. But I couldn't resist.)

MisAnthropology said...

gaaahhhh....

I'll bet ya there are already candle favors out there (like "the perfect pear" ones) that make reference to lighting up lives.